Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I have a very busy story week coming up. On Wednesday, I'll be performing at the Taconic PTA showcase. I'm busy deciding which of my stories to present. It's really hard to decide how to use the 15 minutes I'm allotted. I hope people will come and talk with me later. I hope to have some goodies including some story activity ideas at my booth.
Then on Thursday, I will tell a story at our monthly interfaith story circle. Our theme this month is "Saints." This is a rather interesting topic for a "Jewish girl from Poughkeepsie" to tackle, but tackle it I will! Stay tuned to see how it plays out.
Saturday evening, at Mary Summerlin's Spoken Word cafe at the Universalist Unitarian Fellowship, I'll be presenting traditional Jewish Tales. Afterwards, people sign up for open mike. The Spoken Word programs I've been to so far have been quite wonderful. You never know what gems will come from the audience.
The following week, I'll be telling fairy tales to second graders at Rhinebeck's Chancellor Livingston Elementary School. I'm planning to introduce the genre, tell several different "Cinderella" varients and have the students participate in trying their hands at storytelling.

No comments: